Sebastián Alvarado, a lawyer with expertise in patents and copyrights, joined Silva in 2012.
- practice areas
- star cases
- Previously worked in corporate and commercial law issues, and also in intellectual property cases.
- Assistant Attorney of the International Office of the Legal Assistance Corporation, in charge of counseling and judicial and administrative processing of requests made under the International Conventions from New York on 1956, on Obtaining Food Abroad and from The Hague on 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
- Member of the Chilean Association of Intellectual Property (ACHIPI) and the Bar Association Chile AG.
- Stanford University, Master (LL.M.) in Law, Science and Technology, United States (2015).
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Diploma course in Industrial and Intellectual Property (2011).
- Universidad de los Andes, Faculty of Law (2008).
- Patents, sanitary registrations and plant varieties
- Technology transfer and innovation
- Entertainment and sports law
- Advised a Chilean mining company in the negotiation and drafting of a patent licensing agreement with a major Canadian mining company.
- Represented a prestigious Chilean explosives company in the negotiation and drafting of various agreements with German and American research institutes regarding chemical compounds and robotic processes applied to explosions.
- Negotiated and drafted the chapter on intellectual property of a judicial agreement between an important Chilean mining and a Swedish engineering company.
- Award for the best student in the Diploma course in Intellectual Property 2011 of Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.