“Has a very deep knowledge of IP matters as well as a strategic vision on how IP issues can affect clients’ business at different levels” The Legal 500 2015
- practice areas
- star cases
- Intern at the Jouglard law firm in Montpellier, France, on intellectual property matters.
- Counselor of the Franco-Chilean Chamber of Commerce in the period 2004 – 2006.
- Active member and former President of the Chilean Association of Alumni in France ACFI.
- Former president of the Chilean Society of Licensing –LES Chile Chilean chapter of LESI INTERNATIONAL.
- Specialist in business and academic regulation of innovation and intellectual property; he has developed policies and regulations on intellectual property for the major universities and companies in Chile.
- Invited by the State Department of the United States of America for the "International Visitor Leadership Program" in Intellectual Property in 2012.
- Arbitrator of NIC Chile for assigning domain names ".CL" since 2013.
- Member of the French Association for International Protection of Copyright, Inter- American Institute of Copyright, Chilean Association of Intellectual Property (ACHIPI), Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group and the International Exchange Alumni. He has acted as an observer in the Asian Patent Attorneys Association APAA.
- IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals) member.
- Vice president of the Foundation “Hacer Chile”.
- Faculty of Law, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago (1998).
- Post- graduate degree in Computer Law and Intellectual Property, University of Montpellier, France.
- PhD candidate in private law, University of Montpellier, France
University and Academic Activities
- Professor of Civil Law at Universidad Jesuita Alberto Hurtado
- Professor of Civil Law in the Faculty of Law at Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez.
- Professor of Master in Intellectual Property and Technology at Universidad Católica de Chile, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez and Universidad Finis Terrae.
- Patents, sanitary registrations and plant varieties
- Technology transfer and innovation
- Four times voted best Law School professor at Universidad Alberto Hurtado.
- Band 2, Chambers and Partners, Intellectual Property 2016.
- Among the 3 best patent lawyers in Chile, Ranking Leading Lawyers 2015.
- Finalist ranking Leading Lawyers 2013 Intellectual Property.
- Band 2, IAM Patent 2015.
- Received the master scholarship awarded by the French Republic for postgraduate studies in Law (1999).
- Advised the first company in Chile, that signed a $ 100,000 contract by advanced electronic signature.
- Advised the Government of Chile on intellectual property issues, specifically the Ministry of Education in negotiating the Free Trade Agreement with the U.S. in Chapter 17 on intellectual property.
- Prosecuting attorney in the case of the Chilean administrator of the website “Cuevana.”
- Editor of regulations of intellectual property and technology transfer of Universidad Católica, Universidad de los Andes, and Adolfo Ibáñez, among others.
- Patent lawyer for Exxon Mobile in Chile.