Juan Pablo Silva
“He has a rigorous, pro-business outlook and handles our work personally” Chambers & Partners 2016
- practice areas
- star cases
- Founding partner of Silva since July 1990.
- Participated in the negotiations for Chile's admission to NAFTA in 1995 as a member of the Intellectual Property Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Chile (AMCHAM).
- Advisor to the legal circle of the Chilean Institute of Rational Business Administration (Icare) from 2005 to 2008.
- Head of Famous and Notorious Trademarks Committee in Latin America and the Caribbean of the International Trademark Association between 2009 and 2011.
- Director of the Chilean Association of Intellectual Property (ACHIPI) 2005 - 2008.
- Member of the Bar Association of Chile AG, Chilean Association of Intellectual Property (ACHIPI), American Association of Industrial Property (ASIPI), International Trademark Association (INTA), International Association for the Protection of the Intellectual Property (AIPPI), American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA) and International Bar Association (IBA), MARQUES.
- International Program, Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey, 1983.
- Faculty of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, graduated in 1990.
- General Business Studies Award, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 2006-2007.
University and Academic Activities
- Speaker at international seminars, including INTA and ASIPI.
- Advertising law
- Entertainment and sports law
- Gold category, World Trademark Review 2015.
- Tier/Band 2, Chambers & Partners 2016
- Chilean leader in intellectual property by IP Stars
- Recognized by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) as a prominent intellectual property lawyer in 2015.
- Elected as one of the three best lawyers in intellectual property in Chile, Leading Lawyers 2013.
- Recovery of the trademark of the renowned Spanish clothing company Mango from the hands of third parties who had previously registered in Chile.
- Advised Entel Chile S.A. in the review of its assets prior to purchasing the intellectual property of Nextel Peru.
- Recovered successfully the registration of the O'Neill brand nationwide.
- Management of the unification of LAN and TAM brands creating LATAM the brand worldwide.
- Seizure of counterfeit brands of the National Football League Properties products, Victoria's Secret, and Falabella, among others.