"He has been excellent at managing our portfolio and handles all matters with urgency and expertise." Chambers & Partners 2015 CV practice areas acknowledgements star cases Professional Background Internship, Baker Ver más
"He has been excellent at managing our portfolio and handles all matters with urgency and expertise." Chambers & Partners 2015
- practice areas
- star cases
- Internship, Baker & Hostetler, Washington D.C 1994.
- Partner of Silva. Lawyer in charge of the international department with emphasis on the area of trademarks, patents and litigation (1999).
- Participates in the following associations: Bar Association Chile A.G., Chilean Association of Intellectual Property (ACHIPI), Inter-American Association of Industrial Property (ASIPI), International Trademark Association (INTA), American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) and European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA).
- Faculty of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, graduated in 1992.
- Masters of Laws in International Legal Studies, American University, Washington College of Law, D.C (1993)
University and Academic Activities
- Moderator and speaker at seminars of the International Trademark Association (INTA), and president of the Annual Conference of the Trademark Administrators Conference in 2007. He has also been a speaker at seminars organized by the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
- Patents, sanitary registrations and plant varieties
- Law of entertainment and sports
- Gold category, World Trademark Review 2015.
- Featured as a leading intellectual property lawyer in Chile, The Legal 500 2015.
- Band 2, Chambers & Partners 2016.
- Band 2, IAM PATENT 2015.
- Successfully represented the French laboratory Bioderma in an unfair competition lawsuit against its former Chilean distributor.
- After 3 years and more than 100 cases of opposition, he was able to reach an agreement of coexistence between his client, National Telecommunications Company (ENTEL), and INTEL.
- Won legal dispute in Chile by "Great Place" representing Great Place to Work.