"He has been excellent at managing our portfolio and handles all matters with urgency and expertise." Chambers & Partners 2015
- practice areas
- star cases
- Internship, Baker & Hostetler, Washington D.C 1994.
- Partner of Silva. Lawyer in charge of the international department with emphasis on the area of trademarks, patents and litigation (1999).
- Participates in the following associations: Bar Association Chile A.G., Chilean Association of Intellectual Property (ACHIPI), Inter-American Association of Industrial Property (ASIPI), International Trademark Association (INTA), American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) and European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA).
- Faculty of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, graduated in 1992.
- Masters of Laws in International Legal Studies, American University, Washington College of Law, D.C (1993)
University and Academic Activities
- Moderator and speaker at seminars of the International Trademark Association (INTA), and president of the Annual Conference of the Trademark Administrators Conference in 2007. He has also been a speaker at seminars organized by the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
- Patents, sanitary registrations and plant varieties
- Law of entertainment and sports
- Gold category, World Trademark Review 2015.
- Featured as a leading intellectual property lawyer in Chile, The Legal 500 2015.
- Band 2, Chambers & Partners 2016.
- Band 2, IAM PATENT 2015.
- Successfully represented the French laboratory Bioderma in an unfair competition lawsuit against its former Chilean distributor.
- After 3 years and more than 100 cases of opposition, he was able to reach an agreement of coexistence between his client, National Telecommunications Company (ENTEL), and INTEL.
- Won legal dispute in Chile by "Great Place" representing Great Place to Work.