“His innovative solutions for clients facing infringement problems in a digital context are particularly highly prized” WTR 1000, 2014 CV practice area acknowledgements star cases Professional Background He worked in the Ver más
“His innovative solutions for clients facing infringement problems in a digital context are particularly highly prized” WTR 1000, 2014
- practice area
- star cases
- He worked in the National Prosecutor's Office, where he led the Department of Economic Crimes during 2008.
- Arbitrator of NIC Chile for the designation of domain names ".CL" since 2013.
- Invited by the Ministry of Justice to participate in a special commission in charge of the new Criminal Code, specifically to propose new regulation for crimes against industrial property and copyright.
- Director of the Chilean Association of Intellectual Property (ACHIPI).
- Participant in the International Trademark Association (INTA), Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI), Pro Bono volunteer ASIPI; Chilean Association of Intellectual Property (ACHIPI), and the Intellectual Property & Cyber Law Society, Duke Law School.
- Lawyer of the Universidad de Chile, graduated in 2003.
- Master in Law (c), Universidad de Chile (2004).
- Master in Financial and Tax Law, Universidad de Valencia, 2005.
- Master in Law (L.L.M.) Duke University, United States, 2011.
- Post- graduate degree in Cybersecurity and Cyberdefense, Universidad de Chile, 2017
University and Academic Activities
- Professor of post- graduate in customs Law, Universidad Finis Terrae.
- Professor of Public International Law, international intellectual property module - Universidad de Santiago (2011-2014).
- Professor of the undergraduate course "Copyright and new technologies", Faculty of Law, Universidad de Chile, direction of undergraduate thesis on the subject (2012).
- Guest lecturer for the graduate course on white collar crime law, Universidad de Chile (2015 to present).
- Guest lecturer for the diploma course on white collar crime law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2016).
- Professor of Intellectual Property, Universidad de Artes, Ciencias y Comunicación, UNIACC, (2018).
- Advertising Law
- Highlighted in band 3, in Intellectual Property area, Chambers and Partners, 2021.
- Silver category, World Trademark Review 2021.
- Recognizeg by Benchmark litigation as Litigation star, 2020.
- Recognized by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) as a prominent lawyer on intellectual property in 2020.
- Received scholarship given by the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Spain (2004-2005).
- Received scholarship given by the Chilean Government, Becas Chile (2010-2011).
- Attorney for HBO in the context of a successful criminal action filed against the managers of a website called CUEVANA, which offered via streaming movies and series without the authorization of the copyright holders.
- Attorney for Subway in the context of a successful criminal action against the misuse of this well-known brand by a commercial establishment in Santiago.
- Successful defense of MAVESA, a subsidiary of Falabella, facing a civil suit based on alleged infringement of the trademark Bagir.
- Successful defense of RTS, a subsidiary of an American company related to cellulose, facing a civil suit based on an alleged infraction of a utility model that protects a set of adjustable dividers.
- Civil action filed on behalf of AGROSUPER against Frigomart for acts of unfair competition.
- Action before the Council of Self-Regulation and Advertising Ethics (CONAR) in defense of PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. against Movistar for misuse of a TV commercial and/or advertising campaign called "Despreocupado."