“His innovative solutions for clients facing infringement problems in a digital context are particularly highly prized” WTR 1000, 2014
- practice area
- star cases
- He worked in the National Prosecutor's Office, where he led the Department of Economic Crimes during 2008.
- Arbitrator of NIC Chile for the designation of domain names ".CL" since 2013.
- Invited by the Ministry of Justice to participate in a special commission in charge of the new Criminal Code, specifically to propose new regulation for crimes against industrial property and copyright.
- Director of the Chilean Association of Intellectual Property (ACHIPI).
- Participant in the International Trademark Association (INTA), Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI), Chilean Association of Intellectual Property (ACHIPI), and the Intellectual Property & Cyber Law Society, Duke Law School.
- Lawyer of the Universidad de Chile, graduated in 2003.
- Master in Law (c), Universidad de Chile (2004).
- Master in Financial and Tax Law, Universidad de Valencia, 2005.
- Master in Law (L.L.M.) Duke University, United States, 2011.
- Post- graduate degree in Cybersecurity and Cyberdefense, Universidad de Chile, 2017
University and Academic Activities
- Professor of post- graduate in customs Law, Universidad Finis Terrae.
- Professor of Public International Law, international intellectual property module - Universidad de Santiago (2011-2014).
- Professor of the undergraduate course "Copyright and new technologies", Faculty of Law, Universidad de Chile, direction of undergraduate thesis on the subject (2012).
- Guest lecturer for the graduate course on white collar crime law, Universidad de Chile (2015 to present).
- Guest lecturer for the diploma course on white collar crime law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2016).
- Professor of Intellectual Property, Universidad de Artes, Ciencias y Comunicación, UNIACC, (2018).
- Advertising Law
- Designated “Associate to watch,” Chambers and Partners, 2016.
- Silver category, World Trademark Review 2015.
- Recognized by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) as a prominent lawyer on intellectual property in 2015.
- Received scholarship given by the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Spain (2004-2005).
- Received scholarship given by the Chilean Government, Becas Chile (2010-2011).
- Attorney for HBO in the context of a successful criminal action filed against the managers of a website called CUEVANA, which offered via streaming movies and series without the authorization of the copyright holders.
- Attorney for Subway in the context of a successful criminal action against the misuse of this well-known brand by a commercial establishment in Santiago.
- Successful defense of MAVESA, a subsidiary of Falabella, facing a civil suit based on alleged infringement of the trademark Bagir.
- Successful defense of RTS, a subsidiary of an American company related to cellulose, facing a civil suit based on an alleged infraction of a utility model that protects a set of adjustable dividers.
- Civil action filed on behalf of AGROSUPER against Frigomart for acts of unfair competition.
- Action before the Council of Self-Regulation and Advertising Ethics (CONAR) in defense of PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP INC. against Movistar for misuse of a TV commercial and/or advertising campaign called "Despreocupado."